We've received many requests for recipes that go well with Komodo sauces and one of our intentions for 2022 is to share more. Get your pots and pans out!
With Valentine's right around the corner, here's a tasty Asian recipe for spare ribs to cook for your loved one. It pairs very well with Komodo Black for added heat.
The recipe is based on grandma's garlic ginger marinade and it can be used on pork, steak or chicken, so have fun and enjoy!
Garlic Ginger Spare Ribs - Instant Pot Recipe
1 tbsp minced garlic
1 tbsp minced ginger
2 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp sugar
1/4 tsp salt optional
1/2 tsp sesame oil
1.5 lb pork spareribs
1 tbsp oil
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup chopped green onion
- Rinse the ribs with lemon or lime juice before cooking (a family tradition) and squeeze out excess water (or pat dry).
- Make a marinade of garlic, ginger, soy, sugar, salt and sesame oil using a food processor or chopper.
- Pour over the ribs and set aside for at least 1 hour before cooking.
- Set the Instant Pot to Sauté and heat the oil, add the ribs and brown a few minutes on both sides.
- Turn off Sauté and switch to Pressure Cooking, setting the timer to 20 minutes. Pour water in the pot, cover and lock the lid to cook the ribs while working on your side dishes.
- Once the timer goes off, cancel the program and release the pressure. (Follow the manufacturer's instructions)
- Move the ribs to a serving dish and sprinkle with green onions.
Serve with rice (or mashed potatoes) and veggies like sautéed asparagus and mushrooms.
He or she will forever remember this delicious Valentine's dinner!
Don't forgot your Komodo Sauce!